Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Silly String



In class on Thursday we made this pretty cool string installation. It was defintately different than anything I've done in another class, but it was fun. I guess it was a mock Duchamp's string installation- though his looks a little more planned. All I can say is I wouldn't like to be the one to take his installation down. The one we did in class was hard enough to get untangled- but luckily mine wasn't too complicated except for the brief time I went into the Tangle-of-Death.

I've been having a little trouble with the 4 part geometric/organic line and shape assignment. Not that it's really that difficult, but I keep second guessing myself. I keep concentrating on shape and neg/pos space and wanting to keep unity and rhythm, and I guess focusing too much because I'm never happy with anything I've been producing. I've finally gotten something I guess I'll have to live with, I've never done anything like this before- I'm used to taking something already created and arranging it compositionally, not creating it from scratch.

No comments: