Thursday, October 25, 2007

Playing with Behaviors of Everyday Life

I did the activity today with Vicky, and it was very strange. When walking with the mirror, I found myself more focused on keeping the mirror steady in order to see her than actually making the faces. I didn't think twice about the faces, i just did whatever my brain my told me to, but the only thing I was really concentrating on was keeping the mirror steady. I also realized I didn't pay much attention to my pace of walking, and found that at some points I couldn't even focus on Vicky's face through the mirror- not really sure why but I guess I was concentrating on keeping balance.
I don't really know what my expectations were, it all happened like I thought it would, but I didn't think about the action before I did it, just "O yes, so we'll see each other in the mirror. Ok let's go." I also didn't get any strange sensations like Kaprow wrote about his sensation when brushing his teeth. I was aware of the physics involved, and I just paid attention to keeping the mirror up. I didn't have some strange "wow I naturally do this" sensation. But I did realize how I go on "auto-pilot" with other directions (like the faces) and I do them without even paying attention to what I'm doing.

No comments: